Nature’s original chocolate chips!
If you have a sweet tooth that might be the culprit to your weight loss goals cacao nibs just might be the perfect solution. The profound dark chocolate flavor can help satisfy your cravings for a treat but comes without the added sugar. Cacao nibs are crunchy, flavorful, and loaded with powerful nutrients, antioxidants, and fiber.
Cacao nibs are essentially unprocessed chocolate that is the result of roasted cacao beans that are separated into the husks and the nibs. The nibs are ground up and typically made into chocolate or kept as is and that is what a “Cacao Nib” is. They’re like chocolate chips, but less sweet, without all the added sugars and artificial sweeteners. They have several health benefits and can add great flavor and creativity to your plate. You can munch on them all by themselves, add them to baked goods, smoothies, salads, trail mixes or use them like you’d use chocolate chips. Cacao nibs offer ample health benefits and are sure to excite your tastebuds!
- They are Packed Full of Fiber.
- They contain lots of Antioxidants
- Oh MY- Lots of Magnesium
- Full of Potassium
- Contain Iron
- The are known to be a Mood Enhancer
- No sugar!
Here are some of my favorite ways to enjoy nibs.
- To Munch on (A GREAT WEIGHT LOSS TIP)- Set a small bowl on the counter with 1 Tablespoon of nibs. This is your go to throughout the day. Be aware that if you put a handful into your mouth they will taste bitter and you may not appreciate the flavor. Like wasabi peas you only need 1 at a time to enjoy. If you find the taste too bitter a secret tip is to toast them in the oven for a few minutes or in a pan on the stovetop- it will enhance the flavor and add a little more crunch.
- SMOOTHIES: I posted this recipe awhile ago but it is still my favorite smoothie ever! So simple and so satisfying this is also a GREAT post workout meal replacement. A Protein Smoothie That is OH SO Delicious AND good for YOU!
- CACAO CHIA PUDDING (NO SUGAR): Whisk together 1 1/2 cups milk (any kind), 1/3 cup chia seeds, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 2 tablespoons Naked Peanut Butter (this is optional but I’m a peanut lover so I always add this), 1 tablespoon cacao nibs, and 1/4 cup Monk Fruit Syrup (NATURALLY SUGAR FREE) in a large bowl. Pour into mason jars or individual cups. Let them set in the fridge overnight. Enjoy it chilled and throw on some of your favorite toppings.
- Chocolate Energy Balls – Combine 1/2 cup dates, 4 tablespoons Naked Peanut butter Powder, 1/4 cup cacao nibs, 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, 1/4 Cup Monk Fruit Syrup (NATURALLY SUGAR FREE), and 2/3 cups rolled oats in a food processor. Pulse until combined. You can roll into 1-inch balls ( because the texture of dates can be varied you may need to play around with the mixture in order to form a ball by adding more dates, syrup, or oats. If you prefer a less sweet flavor and need more moisture you can add a splash of milk). Place balls in the fridge until firm. Makes about 15 containing approximately 45 calories each. They have no added sugar and instead of using nut butter the Naked Peanut butter reduces the amount of fat and calories compared to most energy balls.
Enjoy Chocolate the natural and more mindful way- Try the nibs!