3 weeks ago our family grew!
Piglet, our 4 legged sweet puppy is adapting well and we are all in LOVE. Despite the work, poop, and razor sharp teeth the joy our family has every moment one of us picks her up is priceless. She is already spoiled rotten and has inspired my gift giving this year. DOG TREATS made with only 5 ingredients- They have been piglet approved! It’s the perfect gift for all dog owners!
- 2 cups +1/2 half cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup beef broth or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Peanut butter (you can omit the peanut butter and throw in a little extra broth or egg to get a good consistency- similar to biscuit dough)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Add 2 cups oats ( you can use them whole but if for a puppy I recommend pulsing in a food processor or your blender), salt, beef or chicken broth (I use an instant pot religiously and save the stock after cooking chicken- it works great), and egg to a large mixing bowl. Combine well. Add remaining 1/2 cup of rolled oat and combine.
Knead dough for about 3 minutes. You can roll them out and use cookie cutter shapes or simply roll into small balls for puppies or larger circles for adult dogs. If making larger biscuits I simply use my thumb to press them down to flat, 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake in oven for 10-20 minutes depending on size of treats.
- Store in airtight container. You can also freeze them for use later.
Thats it! With only 2 days till Christmas you still have time 🙂